In my last post I briefly noted that I had been ‘nominated’ for a Versatile Blogger Award by The Healthy Foodie. I didn’t realise what this meant, until I googled VBA. To be honest, I still do not know what it is, but I think it’s a platform to publicise blogs that other bloggers think are worthy of appreciation. I took a look at the VBA ‘rules’ and it stated that after I had been nominated that I should include a link to the nominator’s page as a thank you (already done). Next I must select 15 bloggers who I regularly follow. Here you go:
Okay, now that I’ve nominated 15 bloggers that I’ve discovered/follow, I now must ‘tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself’. Blogs are horrifically self-indulgent aren’t they? Although, of course, I write a bit about my life here I don’t really tend to write that much. I think there’s a lot of things I don’t talk about which you might be surprised to find out. So I guess that’s why it might be useful to write seven things about me, cos I probably wont do it again. Here we go:
- I don’t want a career in food, I’m actually a History and French undergraduate and have academic pursuits. I’m obsessed withVictorian Britain, particularly the aristocracy, mid-Victorian politics and William Gladstone. I’m also weirdly interested in Queen Victoria as well. WHO KNEW?!
- Next year I will be living in Montpellier (south of France) as part of my year abroad. I study French and thus I have to spend a compulsory year in a Francophone country. I’m so excited and so petrified. I’ve heard they go to the beach up until November, this is probably not so good for my health as I am a sun worshipper. I went to Italy for a month in August ’11 and I put sun-cream on only once. I have A LOT of moles.
- I’m not really into illness and conditions, but I have what is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon, or bad circulation. I’M ALWAYS COLD (hence the sun worshipping). Those who are closest to me tend to cringe away from me when I touch them(not in a creepy way) because my hands are like ice blocks. Also, at the change from winter to spring, my fingers (because they’re warming up a bit) swell up as the blood rushes to them and the vessels burst (chilblains). This then means that when the swelling goes down, I get saggy finger skin like when an overweight person loses weight too quickly. IT’S GREAT.
- My favourite foods are cheese and chocolate. I think that’s why I would find it impossibly hard to be a vegan. My mum has always said (lame) that you can’t go through life denying yourself treats. Especially when you go running, I feel I’m entitled to both. My favourite cheeses can go through phases, right now top 3 are: 3) Goat’s cheese 2) Saint Agur Blue 1) Feta. With chocolate, I’m not fussy. Someone once told me that women have a greater emotional attachment to chocolate. SCOFF. Chocolate tastes good and that’s that.
- I’M NOT AN INTERESTING PERSON. I CAN’T FIND SEVEN INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MYSELF, THIS IS SO DEPRESSING.
- I get up early, horrifically early, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I will sometimes go out and not get to bed till 4am, and it wont matter, I’ll get up at 8am. I think people tend to think that I’m a loser and that I get up early cos I’m a nerd and a bit too active for my own good. But I don’t think people get that I can’t help it. I go through phases (i.e the holidays) when I normally get about 12 hours of sleep a night, and wont wake up till about 10. Those are good days.
- I come from North London and I can see this bad boy from my bedroom window : Alexandra Palace. Its biggest claim to fame is having a Robbie Williams music video filmed at the Ice Rink that’s inside. However, I study in West Yorkshire about 200 miles from home, so I move in between places. It’s windy in Leeds, but I like it.
There you go. 7 mediocre facts about my life.